Our community development includes a Luncheon club for people 50+ and
50+ Luncheon Club
The 50+ Luncheon Club project provides healthy lunch service for the local people ages 50+, with an aim to reduce isolation, practical and emotional support.
People 50+ are invited to attend our Luncheon Club, to have lunch, meet people and join in a variety of activities including: Exercise, healthy eating, crafts, knitting, health and faith speakers, board games, parties, basic IT (computers) outings and information and advice. Each Luncheon Club session provides different activities on different days you will need to check with the one of your team members to see if the activities you are interested in are provided at that specific Luncheon Club as we deliver our sessions form two deferent sites.
For more information you can contact our team members directly or just walk in.
- Monday – 12pm to 3pm, Harford Street Multi Centre
- Wednesday – 12pm to 3pm, Locksley Community Centre (Dora Hall)
Fit 4 Life programme is designed to provide support to Tower Hamlets residents who would like support managing their weight and associated long term health conditions. The project aims to help individuals take back control of their health, build confidence and achieve their goals for a healthier life.
Fit 4 Life is based around focusing:
- HEALTHY EATING – helping you develop eating habits for a healthier life
- PHYSICAL ACTIVITY – specially designed programmes to make activity safe and fun – Zumba
- WEIGHT MANAGEMENT – personalised action plan to achieve your weight goals which is regularly monitored by trainer and project officers
- MOTIVATIONAL SUPPORT – working alongside you to help make changes
An initial 6 months programme includes a variety of classes, learning and activities. Support is provided for a full year to help you achieve your goals.
How to Join
Contact your Tower Hamlets GP surgery and ask for a referral to Fit 4 Life programme at Limehouse Project. Your health care professional will do a health assessment before referring relevant patients to the service. If you want to contact us directly, and then please take medical advice before referral is made, the Fit 4 Life team will make contact to set up your first meeting.
- Tuesday’ – 10am to 12pm, Locksley Community Centre (Dora Hall)
- Wednesday – 10am to 12pm, Harford Street Multi Centre
- Friday – 10.am to 12pm, Locksley Community Centre (Dora Hall)